College Prep: Math
College Prep: Math is designed to help students build the knowledge and skills they need for college-level math courses. With successful completion of College Prep: Math, students can meet entrance requirements, successfully complete college placement tests, and transition to college-level math without remediation. The course includes an academic year of content, and the following six units of content are covered: Basic Operations and Applications: Number Concepts and Properties; Expressions, Equations, and Inequalities; Functions; Graphs and Measurement; Probability, Statistics, and Data Analysis.
Interactive components throughout the course serve to engage students and enhance learning.
- Step-by-step examples are presented on a virtual blackboard.
- Interactive geometry software provides hands-on practice.
- Self-check activities give students instant feedback.
- Lesson quizzes and comprehensive tests assess knowledge and provide feedback.
- Discussion groups and application assignments integrate writing and reading skills throughout the course.