Last updated: September 17, 2021.
The Class Windows app is utilizing a new installer after version 1.4.1 and requires completely uninstalling version 1.4.1 from Windows before installing the new version. Use the instructions provided to uninstall 1.4.1 and update Class.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program
Directly search in the Start menu for: Add or remove programs.
2. Locate the Class app and select Uninstall.
3. Next, we want to remove the Class Technologies folder from AppData.
There are two ways to do this:
Download the “RemoveClassAppData” tool from this link- https://download.class.com/windows/RemoveClassAppData.ps1
Right-click on the “RemoveClassAppData” tool and choose “Run with PowerShell”
Using the search bar in the lower left-hand corner of your machine, search for “%Appdata%”
In the AppData folder, ( If applicable, also open the Roaming folder ) delete the Class Technologies, Inc. folder (and the Class folder if it still shows).
Notes: Class may be installed in a different directory than AppData such as C:\Program Files. You can find this folder in C:\Program Files (x86) or just Program Files.
4. Restart your computer
5. Download the Class app at https://subdomain.class.com. (Note: Please replace with your specific subdomain)
6. Run the installer by double-clicking the .exe file. You must have administrative privileges on your computer in order to install the Class app.
7. Select Yes to the popup “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
8. Select Next on the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Class
9. Select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and then select Next.
10. On the Customer information page, enter your email address in the User Name field, and organization in the Organization field and select Next.
Note: These fields can be left empty and aren’t necessary to fill out.
11. Select Install to start the Class installation.
Class requires administrative privileges to install.
After using Class, log files and cache data are stored in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Class Technologies, Inc.\. This directory doesn’t get removed using the uninstaller in Add or remove programs.
To install the .msi silently use the flag /qn.
Contact our Support Team
If you are an instructor or student, please contact your organization’s help desk for support with Class.
Your organization’s Class administrators may reach out to Class Support for further assistance.
Support Number: 888-975-1112 | 24/7 End-user support | Premium SLA: 24 hours | Standard SLA: 72 hours
Class Support Services Guide