This release introduces an ability to hide self-view to help reduce possible zoom fatigue, an improved email invite with a download button to the latest versions of Class, performance improvements and Apple M1 chip support from the latest Zoom SDK update as well as several stability improvements.
Included below are the enhancements we have made to features currently existing in Class.
Improved performance from the Zoom SDK update 5.5. It also includes support for Apple M1 Chips.
An ability to hide self-view to help reduce possible zoom fatigue.
- An improved email invite with a download button to the latest versions of Class.
Included below are the fixes that were made to address known issues or to improve the overall stability of the product.
- Fixed an issue where the zoom avatar was displayed instead of your own avatar when resizing the application.
- Fixed an issue where the button to leave a meeting was displayed centered to your screen, they will be displayed in the bottom-right corner now.
- Fixed an issue where your own video was not displayed for you after leaving a breakout room.
- Fixed an issue where rejoining a class that was terminated by the Instructor could lead to an unexpected user experience in the class.
- Fixed an issue where the recording functionality stopped working after starting a recording and then leave and rejoin the class.
- Fixed an issue where the profile panel disappeared after pinning and unpinning yourself from the podium.
- Fixed an issue where logging in using Sign with Google will crash the application for macOS Big Sur users.
- Fixed an issue where Reactions were not displaying properly for some Class users.
- The feedback button has been changed to Reactions to better align with Zoom’s user experience.
- Fixed an issue where Microphone and Camera options stopped working for some users.
- Fixed an issue where the “Lower Hand” icon did not change to “Raise Hand“ in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where the Share Screen tab was misaligned and misspelled.
- Fixed an issue where for some users the “Ask to start video“ was not displayed for some students.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the user from dismissing the “Leave meeting“ pop-up when clicking outside of it.
- Fixed an issue where the “Hide self profile” option would move students from speaker view to gallery view.
- Fixed an issue where participants in a breakout room could not see other participants in the same breakout room.
- Fixed an issue where you could not invite your instructor to your breakout room for help if the instructor was in a different breakout room already.
- Fixed an issue where seating chart options were displayed for breakout rooms.
- Fixed an issue where the screen recording was not working after starting the screen recording and joining/leaving a breakout room.
- Fixed an issue where all tabs open in the class were carried over to the breakout room.
- Fixed an issue where the Chat to Everyone option was not working for some Class users.
- Fixed an issue where the Advanced Screen Share option could not be accessed by Instructors in a class.
Included below are the open issues that our team is actively working to address. An updated list of known issues will be published with our next release.
Assessments, Quizzes, & Tests
- In some cases, these activities are launched to the class and appear to have a submission expired timeline; students can, however, still submit responses according to the timeline set by instructors.
- Instructors sometimes lose access to the teaching tools panel when returning from a breakout session. When this occurs, this can be addressed by leaving the class and rejoining.
- Instructors may not be able to reassign students to new breakout groups
- While adding a new student to the roster, if the last name is not entered it automatically defaults to “Student” as the last name.
- The instructor may not be able to add new students to the Class Roster when starting the Office Hours.
Course Launch (LTI V1.1)
- Instructors and students that use multiple accounts on the same device to launch classes from their LMS will experience issues with the system identifying them in classroom sessions.
- Dashboard metrics for a particular class are not updated in real-time.
Sidebar (Zoom users only)
- In some cases, when students’ internet connections are interrupted, they may need to leave the classroom and rejoin in order for the sidebar to work properly.
- In some cases, the syllabus tab is displayed twice when sharing two different files.
- When first starting the app, the hide-and-show thumbnail item does not always show the same state as the hide-and-show self menu item.
- Changing alternate host on Zoom’s web portal does not update in Class for Zoom once the class has been created.
- Some of the tooltips do not display icons, an example of this would be the “unverified” icon.
- Instructors must have paid/licensed accounts in order to run sessions longer than 40 minutes
- While in Annotate mode in screen share, users are unable to save the annotation screenshot.
- Gear icon above the instructors’ video disappears once clicked.
- The instructor profile panel may disappear upon pining from the podium. A workaround is to resize.