This release provides a number of stability improvements and several usability enhancements for the Windows application.
Included below are the enhancements we have made to features currently existing in Class for Windows.
- Hide Self View
Enhancements & Stability Improvements
- The meeting info dialog has been updated to match the look and feel of the MacOS product
- Addressed a number of issues that were causing display issues for users’ videos
- Addressed an issue that was causing users to have the wrong name for their video panel
- Addressed an issue where raise/lower hand would not work when a user joins through the LTI Course Launch functionality
- The look and feel of the Advanced Sharing Options menu has been updated to align with that of the MacOS product
Included below are the open issues that our team is actively working to address. An updated list of known issues will be published with our next release.
- Users may experience application crashes when launching or returning from Breakout Rooms; we expect to be releasing a patch in the next two weeks to enhance the stability of this feature.
- As of this release, only the instructor who created the class can launch Breakout Rooms.
- Dashboard metrics for a particular class are only updated once per day, not in real-time.
- As of this release, the Windows product does not support the floating toolbar; this will be added in a subsequent release.
- When screen sharing is disabled for other users besides the instructor (host), users on Windows do not see a “host has disabled screen sharing” notification.
- Students do not see a pop-up that “no syllabus has been set for this class” when students click on the syllabus button and no syllabus has been set for the class.
- The Learning Management System tool cannot be launched by TAs or students at this time. Instructors will need to launch the LMS until further notice.
- TAs are currently unable to close activity tabs, these tabs will need to be closed by instructors for now.
- In some cases, when users’ roles are upgraded during a class session, they may experience issues when configuring teaching tools. Users can resolve this by exiting the class and rejoining if this occurs.
- TAs are currently experiencing issues with updating the chat settings, we recommend these settings to be updated by instructors for now.
- The audio status icon shown in the bottom-left of each user’s video panel is currently not showing; this will be added in a subsequent release.
- The audio and video status icons in the participant list are sometimes slow to update (3-5 seconds).
- In some cases, lose focus tracking registers all users as having lost focus.
- Configuring custom virtual backgrounds is currently experiencing issues, users are recommended to use the “Blur” setting for the time being and configuring that from the Settings menu available above the instructor podium.
- In some cases where users join a class session with activity tabs that are open/active, the activity tabs are duplicated.
- In some cases, when a number of tabs are shown (6+) and the app is not maximized, users are unable to navigate back to the Classroom tab from an activity tab. Users can maximize the app to resolve the issue.
- In some very isolated instances, the activity tabs that are active/shown can become out of sync with those that are shown to the instructor. This can be resolved by leaving the meeting and rejoining.
- When users deactivate and reactivate their video, their virtual background must be set again.
- Instances, where instructors launch 8+ tabs, will result in users experiencing issues navigating between tabs, this can be resolved by closing some of the activity tabs.
- In some cases, users on macOS devices that are joining meetings created by Windows users are experiencing inconsistencies with the verification functionality.
- In some limited cases, particularly when using the additional cameras, the users positioned at the Front of the Room are not in sync for all members of the class session.
- For users on Windows, the feedback that is shared to “Presenting Users” is shown to all users; this will be corrected in a subsequent release.
- Upon highlighting text within the participants panel, the chat dialog, and the teaching and learning tools, users see a secondary “Services” menu with options that are not functional.