Last updated: May 16, 2022.
From within your class, select Teaching Tools. On the sidebar, select Assessment/Quiz/Test. A new window will open within the app. Select Create New Assessment. You can create this before learners join so that they’re ready to launch when you hold class, or you can create these during class time. You also have the option to import.
Another window will open within the app. Here you will be able to enter the name of the assessment that will be visible to learners when launched. From the drop-down, select the type of assessment (assessment, quiz, or test). Then enter instructions for learners.
- Select No Due Date if you wish to not set one.
- Due before class ends will make the assignment due at the end of the class time you have selected.
- If you select a due date time or date, you can provide students with minutes, hours, and days to complete the assessment.
- Questions per page – You can select questions to appear all on the same page or on separate pages
- Answer questions in order – You can select Free or sequential
- Shuffle within questions – This will shuffle the questions for each learner
- Deferred feedback – This means that learners must enter an answer to the questions and then submit it before receiving a grade and feedback.
- Adaptive mode – This allows learners to have multiple attempts at the question before moving on to the next question. This behavior requires that the “Whether correct” box is ticked under “During the attempt” in the “Review options” section, at a minimum.
- Interactive with multiple tries – allows learners to check their answers and try again. Once the question is answered correctly, the learner will not get an option to check and will need to submit their answers to view the instructor’s feedback.
- Deferred feedback or Immediate feedback with Certainty-based marking (CBM) – With CBM, the learner does not only answer the question, but they also indicate how sure they are they got the question right. The grading is adjusted by the choice of certainty so that learners have to reflect honestly on their own level of knowledge in order to get the best mark.
- Immediate feedback – Similar to interactive mode in that the learner can submit their response immediately during the quiz attempt, and get it graded. However, they can only submit one response, they cannot change it later.
Once you select Save in the settings of the assessment, you will be able to add questions by selecting Add New Questions. A drop-down menu will reveal. Once you choose your question type, you will be able to customize the questions. To learn more about the question types, please click here.
You will need to write in the choices for the multiple-choice question and provide a grade for each answer. If an answer is incorrect, select None or partial credit for the grade. If the answer is the only correct answer, select 100%. You have the option to add feedback here to provide immediate feedback to the learner once the quiz is submitted for grading.