Last updated: November 16, 2022.
The Waiting Room feature allows the instructor to control when a participant joins the meeting. As the meeting host, you can admit learners one by one, or hold all learners in the Waiting Room and admit them all at once with the Admit All button.
To toggle on Waiting Room
On the home screen, select ‘Create a New Class’. Once on the class creation page, toggle the waiting room to ‘on.’ Select Schedule once all required fields are completed.
- You will not be able to toggle the waiting room while you are in the class.
- The waiting room is not enabled automatically for office hours. You will need to edit office hours settings to add a waiting room.
Waiting Room in the Classroom
Host instructors will receive a toast notification when someone has joined their waiting room and will have the option to admit them or everyone in the waiting room from the “options” menu. The notification will also show when the instructor is sharing their screen and when they are in breakout rooms with participants.
Note: Toast notifications must be enabled for the Class application, if you are unsure how to do that, you can see it here.
Below is a screenshot on an instructor’s Windows device where you will see the toast notification on the bottom right, and the users also display in the participant list under the waiting room section.
Learners on a Mac device will see the following screen when joining a meeting with Waiting Room enabled that says “Waiting to be admitted”:
Learners on web app will see the following screen when joining a meeting with Waiting Room enabled that says “Please wait, the meeting host will let you in soon”:
Sending a Participant back to the Waiting Room (available on Windows only)
- Click the ellipses (…) next to a participant’s name and choose “Move to waiting room“
- A confirmation box will appear.
- Click Move to Waiting Room to complete the process.
- Any student moved to the waiting room can be readmitted to the session later.
Contact our Support Team
Support Number: 888-975-1112 | 24/7 End-user support | Premium SLA: 24 hours | Standard SLA: 72 hours
Class Support Services Guide