Last updated: March 23, 2023.
Any user, given live transcription has been enabled for the class, will be able to toggle on Closed captions.
Before enabling Closed Captions in Class, please ensure that the setting is activated in the In Meeting (Advanced) settings on zoom.us.
- Can a user configure it such that transcriptions automatically turn on?
- Transcriptions will be automatically turned on by default
- Can only the host turn this on?
- Can a user hide captions if they want?
- What will happen if the user assigned as the manual closed captioner leaves the meeting?
- On Windows, the host instructor will be notified, with a button in the notification to select a new user
- On iOS, the host instructor will be notified, and the closed captions will change from manual to automatic (English voice-to-text)
Contact our Support Team
Support Number: 888-975-1112 | 24/7 End-user support | Premium SLA: 24 hours | Standard SLA: 72 hours
Class Support Services Guide