Last updated: December 8, 2021.
Platform: Chrome OS
Issue: Sometimes you may run into odd behaviors while using the Class app on Chrome OS. One thing that you can try is to clear the Class app data and cache. This will reset the app to the state when you first downloaded it.
- Click on the bottom right of your Chrome OS screen to open the status menu. Select the gear icon (Settings)
2. In the Settings menu, go to Apps and select Manage your apps.
3. In the Manage your apps find the Class app and select it.
4. In the Class app setting menu, select More settings and permissions.
5. Select Storage in the More settings and permissions settings page.
6. In the Storage settings page, click on “Clear Cache” – There is no confirmation for this, it will just clear the cache of the app. This should resolve any odd login issues such as signing in as a student or being unable to join a Class from a link. Additionally, you can “Clear Storage”, which will reset the app to the default state as when you first downloaded it. You will need to log back in and go through the setup process. This will prompt you to confirm you’d like to delete the stored data.
**Additionally, if the clearing of the cache and data does not work, try selecting “FORCE STOP” on the same More settings and permissions page. After doing this, clear the cache and data again.
7. Once both or one of the options are selected and confirmed, they will show up as a lighter gray color without the ability to click on them. This means that the action has been completed.
Notes: You typically do not need to “Clear Storage” but it is a potential troubleshooting step that should be attempted to ensure the issue is not due to some sort of corrupted file.