This release includes a Beta release of instructor tools in addition to releasing the latest Zoom SDK updates for improved stability.
Additionally, we’re unveiling new features such as feedback surveys, a new Actions seating chart, export capabilities, bulk import to class roster, and privacy mode for instructors and students.
Finally, the release includes changes that will facilitate navigation to unread messages and bulk verification.
- Syllabus: Instructors / TAs may upload a syllabus file to be shared with the class.
- Assignment: Instructors / TAs may import and create assignments, which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Assessment / Quiz / Test: Instructors / TAs may import and create assessments / quizzes / tests which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Polling: Instructors / TAs may import and create polls which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Learning Management System: Instructors / TAs may add a link to an LMS which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Browse the Web: Instructors / TAs may add a new web page by URL, which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Play Video: Instructors / TAs may create a video activity by URL, which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Share Files: Instructors / TAs may upload a file or add one by URL, which may be launched as an activity within the class.
- Class Roster: Instructors / TAs may edit or delete student information already in the roster, or invite additional students to the class.
- Attendance: Instructors / TAs may view attendance data per individual students, individual class sessions, or in aggregate.
- Gradebook: Instructors / TAs may view grade data for students within a course.
- Dashboard: Instructors / TAs may view participation data for a course.
- Instructor FAQ: Instructors / TAs may view resources and FAQ for using instructor tools.
- Instructor / TA may:
- Create specified number of Breakout Rooms with users assigned automatically or manually
- See the All Breakout Rooms tab when rooms are opened
- Launch teaching tools from the All Breakout Room tab to specific breakout rooms
- Close Breakout Rooms
- Join and leave breakout rooms
Seating Chart: (instructor views)
- Participation (Android)
- Set front of room:
- TAs, Presenters, or Speakers may be placed in the front of room
- Mute / Ask to unmute
- Stop video / ask to start video
- Add stars
- Make Presenter
- Move to Podium
- Verify / Un-verify
- Change Role (instructor only)
- Set Camera
- All Class users will be able to see any unread direct chat messages via chat bubbles on the sender’s profile video tile. Users will be able to select the icon to easily navigate to the unread chat and reply
- Instructors and TAs will be able to see and easily navigate to the unread messages in each breakout room’s chat room from the All Breakout Rooms view via chat bubbles visible on the video tiles
- Instructors and TAs now have the ability to create and launch feedback surveys to participants
- Instructors will have the option to delete, duplicate, edit, and import a Survey similar to all other teaching tools
- Instructors and TAs will be able to view survey results and export to either a .csv or .xlsx file
- Instructors and TAs now have the option to turn privacy mode on or off for students across the classroom to prevent other students from viewing their video feeds
- Instructors and TAs now have the option to allow students to turn on privacy mode for themselves to prevent other students from viewing their video feeds
- Instructors and TAs now have four additional exports for attendance:
- Instructors/TAs may now export attendance data for a given class session to CSV
- Instructors/TAs may now export attendance data for a given student to CSV
- Instructors/TAs may now export aggregate attendance data for all class sessions to CSV
- Instructors/TAs may now export aggregate attendance data for all students to CSV
- Class users are now able to easily search for users from the participant list and will see a filtered view of the classroom gallery
- Instructors and TAs can now select a Verify All option to verify all un-verified students.
- Instructors and TAs will no longer see the option to unmute all participants
Enhanced Class Roster
- Instructors and TAs will be able to view and manage the class roster from the Class Schedule page
- Doing so will automatically add them to the class roster with their input name as-is and an empty email address
- Instructors and TAs will be able to launch surveys like any other teaching tool to the main classroom or specific breakout rooms
- Instructors and TAs now also have the option to add to the class roster from a simpler guided mode with fields for the first name, last name, and email address
- Instructors and TAs now have a bulk import option to upload a formatted CSV file with first names, last names, and email addresses to add to the class roster
- Instructors and TAs can now sort by a new Seating Chart ‘Actions’ which replaces the previous Reactions sorting option. Actions include direct messages sent to the specific Instructor or TA, hand raises, and any feedback reactions
- Instructors and TAs can filter and view:
- Attendance data for a specific student
- Attendance data for specific class dates
- Aggregate attendance data for all students
- Aggregate attendance data for all class dates
- Instructors and TAs now have the option to manually mark the attendance of.a student in a class session as absent or present
- Updated the Learning Management System tool to accept URL of any length
- Updated the Share Files dialog to only show the Delete action and no longer display the option to Edit for uploaded files
- Instructors and TAs can only upload specific filetypes when sharing files or uploading the syllabus; pdf, doc, docx, jpg, and png
- The language in the form to invite additional students has been updated to be clearer
Joining a class
- Resolved issue where instructors were unable to connect to class with meeting authentication via SSO Groups
- Resolved issue where creating a Quiz was displaying an error message
- Resolved issue where instructors and students were not able to edit Google documents, sheets, or slides via Browse the Web
- Resolved issue where students were able to retake a quiz after it closed
- Resolved issue where unverified users were able to initiate chat with verified students
- Instructors that upload a shared file titled with Japanese characters will display an empty title field
- Hand raise seating chart does not sort in chronological order
- When the Quiz dialog is not in full screen, the Due by date is cut off
- The Dashboard is currently unavailable for live classes.
Instructors / TAs currently cannot use the chat management tool to restrict chat for students
Intermittently, Video tiles and names do not match
Intermittently, students that were verified in the main class will show up as unverified in a Unverified students that rejoin breakout rooms get an error messages from pre-launched activities
- Intermittently, when a Windows instructor starts a Class through their LMS, Android students apps stop responding
- Instructor and TA currently do not see the option to admit all users from the waiting room
- Instructors will see a “Title is already registered” message when editing an LTI entry
- Users promoted to the Instructor role do not have lose focus tracking
- Muting or unmuting a specific user from the participant’s context menu does not work
- Launching Class from an LMS prompts instructors to log into Zoom
- Instructors are not able to create a Class without a password when using an existing Zoom ID if the Zoom meeting was created without one
- Instructors are not able to create classes that start in the evening and end in the morning
- Organizations who have blocked Google on their network are not able to view launched files from Share Files dialog
- Launch page is not customized according to terminology configuration in admin settings