Overview & Highlights
This release introduces the ability for instructors and assistants to access a live video feed of a participant’s screen while using Proctor / Collaboration View.
Zoom SDK Version: 5.13.5
Class minimum version as of this release: 2.9
Note: manual close captions have been disabled in this build based on an issue identified in the latest Zoom SDK. We will re-enable this feature upon resolution of this issue. Automatic closed caption (live transcription) functionality is unaffected by this change.
Live Proctor / Collaboration View
Instructors on the native macOS app will now have the ability to view a live video feed of participants’ screens while using Proctor / Collaboration View. This can be activated by expanding the feed of a user who has accepted the sharing request, at which point the static screenshots will be replaced by a streaming video feed. Instructors can also annotate over a participant’s screen and request remote control access while viewing this live feed.
Instructors will now have the ability to sort participants in the participant list by first name and last name.
- An issue with launching the Class Whiteboard while a session was being recorded was identified and resolved internally. This issue is being included in release notes in the event that customers may have experienced this issue on an earlier version of Class.
- As part of an ongoing continuous improvement effort, the Class team has been conducting additional testing the with Dashboard report and has addressed several issues with this release that were reported internally. This is being included in release notes in the event that customers may have experienced this issue on an earlier version of Class. Customers are encouraged to notify members of the product support team if any inconsistencies are identified with these exports.
- Username/identity mismatches in macOS 11.X
- Local recording files are being converted to audio-only
- User may intermittently get ‘stuck’ on the Connecting screen
- User may see “No Recent Activity” in Proctoring Screenshots
- User may crash while joining BORs when using macOS 11.x
- Mute all and clear reactions button in sidebar don’t work in demo class
- Breakout Rooms are not sorted numerically
- [LTI] Course sessions can overlap the same date/time
- Sidebar and gallery reactions inconsistent [all platforms]
- “Delete” available for courses created by other instructors, not available for own courses
- User in Warsaw Poland having issue scheduling class session for next day
- No messaging in Class app for underpowered computers trying to use background images
- Whiteboard Copy to clipboard as PNG does not work
- Whiteboard Actions > Copy only works one time on an object
- More than one of the same Whiteboard image (PNG) does not persist when switching between whiteboard pages
- You Must Sign in with Registered Account to Join this Webinar
- Creating a Class from Existing Meeting creates a new meeting not associated with the existing ID
- Students are bypassing the waiting room despite Zoom and Class settings
- Unable to open Google Course Kit assignments in Canvas
- Zoom Recordings not showing in Moodle LTI
- Students in Class are missing from Chat, Proctor, Participants Panel, Etc
- Web/Class App not displaying full chat messages when viewing Breakout chat
- Teaching tools launched in breakout rooms fail to relaunch if left open when breakout rooms are closed
- Reflex method not supported in Android WebView
- Co-Teachers cannot launch additional courses
- Not having Host Permissions/Abilities when launching via Brightspace LTI