This release includes the launch of the Class Whiteboard, automatic transcription for closed captioning, an update to the Zoom SDK to (v.5.10.1), general platform enhancements, and bug fixes.
- A participant can present Whiteboard page so that their classmates and instructors can easily follow their presentation
- A participant can add or remove pages from a Whiteboard
- A participant can drag and drop symbols onto a Whiteboard for quick ideation
- Instructors can set permissions on a Whiteboard for their participants to prevent them from editing the Whiteboard
- All participants can annotate on a whiteboard in real time for optimal collaboration
- Participants can add images to a Whiteboard
- Participants can relaunch existing Whiteboard sessions
- Instructors can add, remove, (un)lock existing Whiteboard pages
- Instructors can launch Whiteboard to breakout rooms
- Instructors can launch individual whiteboards to all verified students
- Admin can toggle on and off the Whiteboard feature for their organization
Included below are the enhancements we have made to features currently existing in Class for Windows.
Closed Caption Support:
- Users will now be able to choose between automated captions and typed captions
- When selecting typed captions, users will be able to select a member of the Class to enter caption content
- Automated captions will appear at the bottom of the Classroom gallery (similar to a standard Zoom meeting)
Included below are the fixes that were made to address known issues or to improve the overall stability of the product.
Clicking the Home or Schedule button does not navigate to the appropriate page
Cannot add students to a Breakout Room after they leave rooms
Resolved issues related to creating overnight classes
- Title on Instructor video panels are not translated when changed in the admin portal
- Privacy mode videos are visible in speaker view
- Office Hours class title in the info modal is <”Instructor Name>’s Personal Meeting Room”
Included below are the open issues that our team is actively working to address.
- Privacy icon persists for instructor and student
- Sidebar doesn’t load when launching Class