This update introduces enhancements to Class Chat, Privacy Mode, and the session sign-in flow, as well as several bug fixes.
Please note, the application version has been updated to 2.X to align with the major versions of Class available for other platforms.
Zoom SDK Version: 2.9.5
Below are the improvements that are being made available as part of this release:
- The Class Chat tool has been updated to improve the auto-scroll experience in sessions where many messages are being sent in rapid succession
- Instructors can now use Proctor / Collaboration View and Share Screen at the same time to allow for more fluid collaboration with session participants
- Participants who are using privacy mode will now have their video feed disabled when session recordings are started to ensure that their video is not captured in the recording
- Class users can now be required to log in from the Class launch page to limit the need for in-session verification. This configuration is managed from the Class admin portal.
- Class users will now see a dedicated tab for all session recordings, including those that are initiated outside of a scheduled session time, from the Class LTI home screen
- Several improvements have been made to the Class platform APIs, including better support for scheduling deferred classes, updating classes, and deleting classes. Full details can be found at https://developer.class.com.
Below are the high-priority bug fixes included in this release:
- Resolved an issue where unverified users could see shared screen content
- Resolved an issue where participants on Class for Web were not being shown in the Classroom gallery while Proctor / Collaboration View was in use
- Fixed an issue where participants joining Class sessions were intermittently not being recorded in the Class attendance report
- Proctoring screenshots are not updated for a web app instructor
- Users are intermittently being asked to rejoin audio when entering/exiting BOR
- In some instances, unverified users can see Screen Share content
- In some instances, LMS pages do not launch
- In some instances, instructors are unable to mute students
- Some content launched through the Browse the Web tool and all web-based files launched through Share Files must be opened in an external tab; this will impact the Focus Time tracking for participants in the session
- Annotations and Remote Control are not available as part of the suite of Screen Share tools based on the limitations of the Zoom Web SDK
- The Participation View seating chart mode is not currently implemented in the web experience
- In some cases, Webapp users are prompted only to join Breakout Group 1 when “allow participants to choose” is selected