This release includes new features such as feedback surveys, a new Actions seating chart, export capabilities, bulk import to class roster, and privacy mode for instructors and students. Additionally, the release includes enhancements that will facilitate navigation to unread messages and bulk verification.
Included below are the additions we have made to Class for Windows.
- Instructors and TAs are able to join and leave a breakout room from the Participants tab
- All Class users will be able to see any unread direct chat messages via chat bubbles on the sender’s profile video tile. Users will be able to select the icon to easily navigate to the unread chat and reply
- Instructors and TAs will be able to see and easily navigate to the unread messages in each breakout room’s chat room from the All Breakout Rooms view via chat bubbles visible on the video tiles
- Instructors and TAs now have the ability to create and launch feedback surveys to participants
- Instructors will have the option to delete, duplicate, edit, and import a Survey similar to all other teaching tools
- Instructors and TAs will be able to view survey results and export them to either a .csv or .xlsx file
- Instructors and TAs will be able to allow students to set privacy mode for themselves. Given the Instructor or TA has given permission, students will be able to turn on privacy mode for themselves, which will hide their video from other students
- Instructors and TAs can now sort by a new Seating Chart ‘Actions’ which replaces the previous Feedback sorting option. Actions include direct messages sent to the specific Instructor or TA, hand raises, and any feedback reactions.
Included below are the enhancements we have made to features currently existing in Class for Windows.
- Added ability to share a portion of a screen
- Screen-sharing has been updated to minimize the Class application and display the full floating toolbar
- A tooltip has been added to the floating toolbar when a user is sharing their screen and annotating to clarify the function of switching between annotation tools
- Seating chart options have been updated to create a visual separation between the alphabetical options and the rest of the menu selections
- Class has been updated to the latest Zoom SDK available for Windows
- Instructors and TAs will now see an option to mute the audio of a student from their profile panel
- Users joining Class via a link without logging in will see an updated dialog to input their display name
- Participants’ profile video tile should display the correct state of their raised or lowered hand
- Host instructor has the option to select a replacement host when leaving their class
- Only Instructors and TAs will have the ability to update the position of the auxiliary instructor camera’s profile panel
- Added ability to navigate through tabs when several tabs are open
Included below are the fixes that were made to address known issues or to improve the overall stability of the product.
- Resolved issue where the application crashed when annotating
- Resolved issue where chat messages were duplicating after leaving breakout rooms
- Resolved issue where unverified users were able to initiate a chat with verified students
- Resolved issue where creating a Quiz was displaying an error message
- Resolved issue where students were able to retake a quiz after it closed
- Resolved issue where the application crashed when sharing a screen in a class created from an LMS
- Resolved issue where launching several activities caused the application to crash
- Resolved issue where students entering class from an LMS are not automatically verified and Instructors are not properly recognized as the host
- Resolved issue where the title bar went missing when opening the Full-Screen mode
- Resolved intermittent issues with the invite link not launching the Class application
Included below are the open issues that our team is actively working to address. An updated list of known issues will be published with our next release.
- Instructors that upload a shared file titled with Japanese characters will display an empty title field
- Hand raise seating chart does not sort in chronological order
- When the Quiz dialog is not in full screen, the Due by date is cut off
- The Dashboard is currently unavailable for live classes.
- Users on devices with lower resources may experience slowness when the videos per screen is set to Max. It is recommended to set it to the lowest setting (4) when joining Class from these devices
- Users on devices with lower resources may see mis-aligned profile labels, which can be resolved by re-sizing the Class application
- Class UI does not scale properly on low-resolution displays with 150% resolution scale
- Option to sign into Class displays the Zoom login instead of the usual Class sign-in option
- Instructor and TA currently do not see the option to admit all users from the waiting room
- Instructors will see a “Title is already registered” message when editing an LTI entry
- Users promoted to the Instructor role do not have lose focus tracking
- Muting or unmuting a specific user from the participant’s context menu does not work
- Launching Class from an LMS prompts instructors to log into Zoom for instructors who have not yet authorized the Class for Users application
- Instructors are not able to create a Class without a password when using an existing Zoom ID if the Zoom meeting was created without one
- Instructors are not able to create classes that start in the evening and end in the morning
- Organizations who have blocked Google on their network are not able to view launched files from Share Files dialog
- Launch page is not customized according to terminology configuration in admin settings