Overview & Highlights
This release introduces Screen Share preview for Windows users, a simpler experience for Privacy Mode, the ability to automatically send users to Breakout Rooms, sharing content from a secondary camera source, as well as other enhancements and stability improvements.
Zoom SDK Version: 5.15.2
Class minimum version as of this release: 2.10
Note: manual close captions have been enabled in this build after our team verified it works in the latest Zoom SDK.
Screen Share Preview
Until now, users sharing their screen would not have a visual way to confirm what they are sharing. This made it difficult to visually confirm if everyone was seeing the application/screen that the user intended to share. Class users on Windows will now have the ability to see their shared screen content on the Screen Share tab.
Moving Participants to Breakout Rooms Automatically
Class Instructors on Windows can now choose to automatically push users to breakout rooms. This reduces the transition time from Main Room to Breakout rooms as participants join rooms without having to click on the “Join” button. This option is available to be used for both “Assign Automatically” and “Assign Manually” when creating Breakout Rooms.
Simpler Privacy Mode
Users on Windows will now have a simpler experience when privacy mode is used in conjunction with Recordings. When recording starts, they will be notified to turn off the camera if they do not want their video to be recorded.
Sharing Content from a Second Camera
Users will now have the ability to share content from a secondary camera input. This is available through the content selection window in the Screen Share tool.
Admin users will now have the ability to control how Class verification feature is used in Class sessions. The available configuration options are Always, Never, and Let Instructors Decide. If Always is selected, users will be verified automatically upon joining Class sessions. If Let Instructors Decide is selected, instructors will have the ability to enable this on a per Class basis. If Never is selected, verification functions as it does by default. The default option for this feature upon release is set as Never in order to limit disruptions to ongoing Class sessions.
- Fixed an issue where chat messages were visible to participants when they should remain hidden.
- Addressed an issue where recordings files were not being shown in some cases.
- In some cases, annotation placement is inaccurate
- Participant screenshots do not show up when the participant joins the session after Proctor View has started
- Users are intermittently unable to start screen sharing due to a SDK error
- Users are losing microphone output intermittently when using headphones
- Video tiles are intermittently showing black when a user’s camera is on
- Intermittent issues with the “sync” button that exists on some external headsets
- Mute all and clear reactions button in sidebar don’t work in demo class
- Breakout Rooms are not sorted numerically
- Course sessions in LTI can overlap the same date/time
- Sidebar and gallery reactions inconsistent [all platforms]
- “Delete” available for courses created by other instructors, not available for own courses
- Chats missing from Breakout, but available in “All Messages”
- No messaging in Class app for underpowered computers trying to use background images
- Whiteboard Copy to clipboard as PNG does not work
- Whiteboard Actions > Copy only works one time on an object
- More than one of the same Whiteboard image (PNG) does not persist when switching between whiteboard pages
- You Must Sign in with Registered Account to Join this Webinar
- Creating a Class from Existing Meeting creates a new meeting not associated with the existing ID
- Students are bypassing the waiting room despite Zoom and Class settings
- Unable to open Google Course Kit assignments in Canvas
- Zoom Recordings not showing in Moodle LTI
- Students in Class are missing from Chat, Proctor, Participants Panel, Etc
- Teaching tools launched in breakout rooms fail to relaunch if left open when breakout rooms are closed
- Reflex method not supported in Android WebView
- Co-Teachers cannot launch additional courses
- Not having Host Permissions/Abilities when launching via Brightspace LTI