Overview & Highlights
This release introduces an updated Play Video experience, an updated version of the Zoom SDK, and several performance and stability improvements. Additionally, as of this release, the main Classroom will continue to be recorded by default when Breakout Rooms are started and Cloud Recording is in use.
Zoom SDK Version: 5.15.7
Class minimum version as of this release: 2.11
In order to improve the performance of the Play Video feature across different devices, we have made several modifications to this experience.
- Videos may be muted by default on some platforms to prevent issues with playback;
- A blue banner has been introduced at the top of the video frame to indicate who is controlling playback;
Additionally, we now support Vimeo as an additional content provider! Vimeo videos can be uploaded and controlled using the same process and workflow as YouTube videos.
Ability to Clear Chat
Class chat threads will automatically clear after 8 hours. If, however, an instructor needs to clear the chat history sooner than this point, they can now do so using the option shown below.
Moving Users to Breakout Rooms Once Verified
Currently, when a user joins a Class session after Breakout Rooms have been started, they are left to wait in the main Classroom until an instructor places them in a room. As of this latest release, instructors on the Windows app will be able to automatically move verified users to Breakout Rooms. This can be configured using the additional checkbox shown below in the Breakout Room configuration menu.
- Addressed an issue where verification of participants was failing intermittently;
- Addressed an issue where Feedback is empty in dashboard reporting;
- Addressed an issue that was preventing successful uploads of PDFs to the Class whiteboard in some cases;
- Addressed an issue that was leading to the obfuscation of the Class details screen when the Class is accessed through the Class app on the schedule page;
- Addressed an issue that was causing the Admit All button to fail inconsistently, leading to participants being stuck in the waiting room;
- Addressed an issue that was leading to Class participants in Breakout Rooms being shown in the main classroom;
- Addressed an issue that was causing chat messages to disappear when users leave the session;
- Fixed an issue that was preventing users from starting or stopping recording if a previous Class session was closed with the recording still in progress;
- Fixed an intermittent issue that was causing the Class sidebar to go blank;
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the main Classroom session from being recorded while Breakout Rooms are in progress;
- Fixed an issue that was was causing the Hands Raised Seating Chart mode to behave incorrectly;
- Participant chat messages aren’t saved in local recordings.
- In some isolated instances, instructors do not have co-host privileges in Class sessions.
- In some isolated instances, users are removed from Class sessions when clicking links in a shared PDF.
- Annotations don’t appear when the display resolution is different for multiple monitors.
- In cases where learners enter a Class session without being added to the roster, this can lead to quiz exports not reporting on these learners’ activity.
- Users are getting authentication error when using Browse the Web with third party websites.