Last updated: September 12, 2022.
Respond to a poll
- After a poll starts, focus moves to the [first answer text] in the poll region. Screen reader users hear “Respond to [question text] with [first answer text] button, the moderator has started a poll”
- Spacebar or select [first answer text] button or go through the remaining questions. Use Spacebar or select [answer text] button to select a different answer.
- The answer is displayed as white text on a black background.
If the moderator turns on the Show Responses option, in the poll region a number appears after each answer.
Color is used along with the number to add a visual comparison of the answer responses
Poll is ended
After the poll ends, screen reader users hear “The moderator ended a poll” and the poll region is no longer be displayed on the page.
Depending on the browser, focus goes to one of these locations:
- Chrome: browser address bar
- Firefox: Open Session Menu button
- Safari: Share Audio button
View Poll Button
After a poll is started, a View Poll button appears on the page next to the Raise Hand control. This button allows you to hide the poll region.
- Go to the View Poll button.
- Spacebar or select View Poll button to hide the poll region.
- Poll is no longer be displayed on the page and screen reader users hear “deselect View Poll toggle button”.
- If you have responded to the poll , screen reader users hear “deselect View Toggle button, You responded with [Yes, No, or #]” and the View Poll button will be displayed with [Y, N, or #].
- Spacebar or select View Poll button to display the poll region.
- Poll region is displayed on the page and screen reader users hear “select View Toggle button”.