Last updated: September 12, 2022.
Don’t have the Blackboard app? Jump to Blackboard app help.
You can launch Class Collaborate sessions from the Blackboard app if a link is provided within a course. You’re directed to a web browser to join the session.
Collaborate is supported on these devices and browsers:
- Android: Chrome browser
- iOS 11+: Safari browser
Collaborate is a synchronous web conferencing solution for high-quality virtual classes and meetings. Instructors can share files and video while interacting with the class. You don’t have to install anything extra to join a session.
Join session from course
Collaborate sessions are listed within courses in the app. Access a course, tap Collaborate under Course Materials, and select a session.
- The Course Room is a default session in Collaborate. If your instructor disables this room, it will appear in the app as Locked.
- Tap an available session to launch it in your device’s mobile browser. You’ll join the session as a participant.
- Collaborate might ask you for permission to use your device’s camera and microphone. Allow access to continue in the session.
- Sessions that aren’t available to you right now appear in the list but you can’t access them.
- Repeating sessions show each occurrence.
If you can, join your session early and get to know your way around.
Join session from link
You don’t have to be enrolled in a course to join a Collaborate session. If your instructor provides you a link to the session, you’re all set. Just access the link on your mobile device, tap it, and the session will launch in your mobile web browser.
View live and recorded Collaborate sessions
You can now join live Collaborate sessions by taping on Live sessions notification within the course view. You can also access all your recorded collaborate sessions within the Blackboard App. To view collaborate recordings:
- Tap Collaborate within the Ultra course view
- Tap on View recordings
Attention: Live sessions notification and access to recorded collaborate sessions are only available for Ultra courses and requires minimum Learn version 3900.12.0.
Class Collaborate is a real-time video conferencing tool that includes these features and more.
- Add files
- Virtual whiteboard
- Breakout groups