Last updated: May 12, 2022.
Disconnected or unable to join a session
Check your internet connection and try to reconnect to the session. Visit our Network Connection help page for a list of best practices to improve your experience.
If your internet connection is fine, check status.class.com to see if this is a known issue. If it is listed, we are working to resolve it. Watch that page for updates.
If the issue isn’t listed and problem continues, contact your administrator.
What you can try to fix the issue
Use the Chat Support feature in My Settings. The chatbot is always on and responds to commonly asked Collaborate questions and issues.
If you are having connection issues, you can also try these things:
- Check your network connection.
- Try our connection best practices to help reduce the load on your network.
- Try to rejoin. Sessions are spread across several servers. You move to a different server when you rejoin.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Deactivate browser ad-ons and see if that fixes your issue.
- Clear browser cache and refresh browser. Clearing the browser cache allows Collaborate to download the necessary components again to run a session. This can fix certain connection issues and some visual issues with the interface.
- Give your browser permission to access your device microphone and camera.
If the problem continues, collect as much detail as you can about the issue. Contact your institution’s support team or help desk.
Collect as much detail as you can
It’s best practice to collect as much detail as you can about your issue. Detail helps your institution support team resolve the issue quicker.
- Describe the issue in detail.
- Take a screenshot, or video, of the issue.
- Be sure to include any error messages you saw.
- Take a screenshot of your connection status during the session.
- Include the link to the session.
- Identify the precise time of the issue (including your timezone).
- Include the Session ID and Session Instance ID at the bottom of the Report an issue panel.
- Explain what steps you have taken so far to resolve the issue.
Report an issue
Attention: When you report an issue, it does not generate a support case with Blackboard.
Help us monitor global performance. Report an issue while in your session.
- Open the Session menu and select Report an issue.
- Identify and describe the issues that you had during the session.
- Select Submit.