2021 marked a year of tremendous success and growth for Class.
We have been humbled by the overwhelming support that we’ve received from a wide range of investors, educators, business leaders, and students who have been an instrumental part of expanding Class’ reach and improving the software over the past year. To date, Class has raised $160 million in funding, which has allowed us to get our software into the hands of businesses, universities, and schools around the world, making online education more accessible, engaging, and impactful – all values at the heart of our company.
While we’re eager to head into 2022, we want to take a moment to celebrate 2021 and all of the accomplishments of the past year.
Throughout 2021, Class made strides toward accomplishing its mission to change the way the world learns. Some highlights of the year include:
- Full general availability across all major platforms and operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, and Android tablets
- Improvements, enhancements, and new feature launches to Class including Breakout Room enhancements, which add teaching and learning tools to Zoom, new Instructor Tools on iPad and Android, and an introduction to a beta version of Class on web, which delivers the Class experience through web browser on desktop and tablet devices
- An addition of over 300 new customers to Class, bringing the virtual classroom to thousands of instructors and millions of learners
- The launch of our Strategic Advisory Board, comprised of twenty industry leaders in the area of learning and development, higher education, and K-12 education
- Global expansion of Class in numerous countries throughout the world
- Award recognition from some of the top organizations in the world, including Brandon Hall, IMS Global, andThe Edvocate
- Implementation of our Class Cares initiative to help students in need around the world
- An established presence within the US public education and government sectors through our Carahsoft partnership
- A $105 Million Series B fund raise led by Softbank
- A $12 Million investment from 7-time Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady and Salesforce Ventures, among others
- Adding an additional 150 new employees while expanding our office footprint globally
As we continue to face uncertainty due to the pandemic, we’re proud to continue to provide an engaging, reliable platform that makes virtual and hybrid classrooms feel like real ones. Looking ahead, we are eager to welcome more members to the Class family and further challenge ourselves by spearheading the future of education technology with Class.
We’re looking forward to an impactful 2022. In the meantime, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from the Class team!