Today is an exciting day at Class, as we are proud to announce the release of Class 2.0, our next generation virtual classroom.
Class 2.0 is a next generation virtual classroom that offers users an improved, simplified user experience with flexible layouts, giving instructors and learners more space to view content and view multiple tools at the same time.
The enhancements and innovations included with Class 2.0 were informed by customer feedback and prioritize the enablement of active learning, collaboration and engagement in online classrooms and virtual instructor-led training. I am particularly proud of:
- A simplified navigation and user interface designed to increase learner engagement and instructor effectiveness that can be customized to the individual needs of the user
- A new collaborative feature set, which empowers instructors to go beyond screen share and enables real-time collaboration in the virtual classroom including sharing web pages, whiteboards, and working together in real-time on documents in Google Docs and Microsoft Office 365
- Enhanced LMS integrations with Blackboard Learn, D2L Brightspace, Moodle, OpenLMS and Instructure Canvas. Instructors can deploy LMS resources and content without leaving the virtual classroom environment (currently in Beta)
- Inclusion of key feature sets from Class Collaborate, formerly Blackboard Collaborate, that enable Collaborate customers to accelerate their transition to Class
- Our commitment to improved stability and scalability for our customers
I am excited to continue iterating with our customers and the broader teaching and learning community on many new innovations to come, including the release of the Class A.I. Teaching Assistant (TA) later this year. Powered by ChatGPT, the A.I. TA will improve learning engagement and outcomes in live online classes and virtual training by enabling learners to ask questions and receive immediate, relevant answers based on what has been taught in class.
The path forward will be an exciting one. To learn more about Class 2.0 and the next generation virtual classroom, please request a demo, here.